The SBCI Future Growth Loan Scheme is offered by the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI) with the support of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation, the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine, the European Investment Bank and the European Investment Fund. The Future Growth Loan Scheme benefits from a guarantee from the European Union under the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI).
The SBCI Future Growth Loan Scheme will operate from 20th June 2019 until 31st May 2022 or until the scheme has been fully subscribed.
About the Loan
The SBCI Future Growth Loan Scheme (the ‘Scheme’) is designed to provide funding support to enable eligible Irish primary agricultural producers to fund investment in their enterprise. The Scheme allows for the provision of a credit facility where you borrow a certain amount at a variable interest rate which is repayable over a certain term. The loans under the Scheme are being made available with the benefit of a guarantee from the SBCI who is in turn supported with finance and/or support from the European Investment Fund, Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
- Loan amount, minimum €50,000 and up to a maximum of €3,000,000 per enterprise.
- Loan term of minimum 8 years up to a maximum of 10 years.
- Security may be required for amounts greater than €500,000.
- Unsecured loans up to €500,000.
- Option for interest only period, provided at the start of the loan.
- Variable Interest rate with a Fixed Margin added to the bank Reference Rate over the term of the loan.
- No charges will apply if repaid early.
Loans must be used
- To fund improvement in the overall performance and sustainability of the enterprise or improvements to the natural environment.
- For hygiene conditions or animal welfare standards, or the creation and improvement of infrastructure relating to the development, adaption and modernisation, or the achievement of agri-environmental-climate objectives, or the restoration of production potentially damaged by natural disasters.
- Please refer to https://sbci.gov.ie/schemes/future-growth-loan-scheme.
Loans cannot be used for
- Refinance of undertakings in financial difficulties.
- Refinance of existing debt facilities.
- Certain restricted sectors – for more information , refer to https://sbci.gov.ie/schemes/future-growth-loan-scheme.
- Refinance of existing Trade Finance products.
- Excluded loan purposes include (but not limited to) Land purchase, Livestock, Working Capital, Drainage, Annual Plants and Biofuels.
Who can apply
Viable Micro, Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Small Mid-Cap enterprises that meet the eligibility criteria.
SMEs are defined by the Standard EU definition [Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC] as enterprises that:
- Have fewer than 250 employees (or less than 500 employees if a small Mid Cap enterprise).
- Have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million.
- Are independent and autonomous i.e. not part of a wider group of enterprises.
- Have less than 25% of their capital held by public bodies.
- Is established and operating in the Republic of Ireland.
SMEs involved in primary agriculture, in processing/marketing of agricultural products or in fisheries sector.
For loan amounts greater than €250,000 an up to date business plan must be presented to support the loan application.
Who cannot apply
SMEs or Sole Traders that:
- Are in financial difficulty.
- Are bankrupt or being wound up or having its affairs administered by the courts.
- In the last 5 years has entered in to an arrangement with creditors, in the context of being bankrupt or wound-up or having its affairs administered by the courts.
- Are convicted of an offense concerning professional misconduct by judgement, fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation, money laundering or any other illegal activity.
An SBCI Future Growth Loan Scheme facility of €120,000 at a variable rate of 4.30% over an 8-year term will require 96-monthly repayments of €1,480.00. The total cost of credit is €22,080.00.
Level of security required and rate applicable, will be determined by the amount, purpose & term of facility, in conjunction with the nature and value of the security being offered.
Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. Over 18’s only. Maximum credit of €120,000 available for online applications.
Bank of Ireland cannot take responsibility for information on third party websites.
WARNING: The cost of your repayment may increase
WARNING: The entire amount that you have borrowed will still be outstanding at the end of the interest-only period
WARNING: If you do not meet the repayments on your credit facility agreement, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.