While we are not experiencing any disruption to our services currently, we are monitoring the Covid-19 situation closely and we have contingency plans in place in the event that we face disruption.
If your business is implementing contingency plans to deal with potential disruption events caused by Covid-19, please note Business On Line channels are accessible from a laptop or desktop device with internet access and can accept future dated payments. Please refer to the Technical specifications in the Business On Line Customer Handbook.
Using Business On Line from a different location to your normal working environment:
As a Business On Line User
- If you change your smart device and update your KeyCode App you will be required to contact your Business On Line Administrator for support. If you have your previous device we suggest you keep this to hand in order to access your KeyCode App during this time.
- Consider your payment times – you can future date payments on Business On Line. These payments will debit your account on the value date you input on your payment. See below for more information.
- Consider your remote access requirements – remember if you use a work smart device in your business for KeyCode you will need to have this with you while working remotely. If your smart device is also a shared device with other users within your business you will need to consider a separate device for each user. You will need to contact your Administrator for support.
As a Business On Line Administrator
- If there are two administrators on your Business On Line profile – remember you will need to be together in order to log on to Business On Line to access the administrator profile. However, we strongly suggest that you abide by the Government’s Covid-19 guidelines and social distancing rules.
- If you change your smart device and update your KeyCode App you will be required to contact the Business On Line helpdesk for support. If you have your previous device we suggest you keep this to hand in order to access your App during this time.
- Consider the number of Authorised Users you have – where possible we recommend you have more than 1 Authorised User within your business with the same access levels. Therefore if one Authorised User is unavailable you have another who can carry out the same actions on Business On Line.
- Consider your remote access requirements – If your Authorised Users require the KeyCode app to access BOL they may need to contact you during this time for Support. If you use a work smart device in your business for KeyCode you will need to have this with you while working remotely. If your smart device or any smart device within your business is also a shared device with other users you will need to consider a separate device for each user. Please see item 2 above on how to change/update your device.
Payment cut off times remain unchanged at this time, to view these and upcoming bank holidays click here.
To view payment charges please refer to the ‘Fees & Charges’ section on this link for details.
Some International Payments are required to include full or additional information on their payments such as Full and exact beneficiary name and address or a reason for the payment. Failure to provide this information may result in delays and possible rejection of such payments.
Making Payments to China?
The payee name that you input when creating the payee must match the name held for the payee bank account in China. If the full payee name does not fit in the provided text field, you should continue the payee name into the first line of the payee address.
Future Dated Single Payments
Business On Line allows you to future date payments a number of days/weeks in advance. These payments will be debited from your account on the value date you input on the payment on Business on Line.
Bulk Payment Files
Bulk Payment Files can be submitted a number of days/weeks in advance.
If you have any further queries in relation to future dating of payments or any other Business On Line queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I Update my details for Business On Line?
If you need to make any amendments to your Business On Line profile including:
- Add/remove accounts to your Business On Line profile
- Update your contact details
- Close your Business On Line profile
- Change your Business On Line Administrator(s)
This information is available by clicking here.
General Help and Support
Got a question? Visit our Help and Support centre and find the answer. Our dedicated support pages for Business On Line customers will help you get the most out of our service. Click here.
Call Centre Opening Times
In line with Government and HSE guidance to curtail COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service representatives on site and our hours have changed. To view these times click here.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Further Supports from Bank of Ireland
Bank of Ireland has a dedicated Covid-19 hub offering advice and information on the supports that are available to Business and Personal customers at this time.
- Supports for Business customers affected by COVID-19 Click Here
- Supports for Personal customers affected by COVID-19 Click Here
Branch Opening Times
We are making changes to our branch network in the Republic of Ireland to ensure our resources are focused on services most in demand during the coronavirus pandemic. The changes also reflect a reduction in footfall at branches as more people remain at home.
For latest information on our branch services please click here.
Fraud and COVID-19
Fraudsters are exploiting the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus to facilitate various types of fraud and cybercrime. To protect yourself from these threats please continue to be vigilant with phishing emails received or emails with attachments that may contain malware.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ADVICE