Why can't I authorise my payment on New Business On Line?
There are a number of steps you are required to take before you can make a payment on New Business On Line.
If you are having payment authorisation issues, please do not request a new Digital Certificate as this may not resolve the issue. We strongly recommend that you follow the following steps:
Check if you have the latest version of Java installed - To download the latest version of Java visit www.java.com and click on Free Java Download. (Note: do not close out of the window until a message has appeared advising that Java has been successfully installed. You should then restart your chosen browser)
Check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed for your operating system by using Verify Java Version. Type the following URL into your browser http://java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp
Download a recommended browser - Business On Line has been designed to work on Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11, Safari and Firefox. Bank of Ireland strongly recommends that you do not access Business On Line through Chrome. If you are accessing Business On Line from a Windows XP computer we recommend that you use the latest version Firefox.
Ensure that you clear cookies, saved files and remembered passwords on the browser. The attached procedures will guide you through the required steps.
Install the latest Windows Updates by restarting your computer
Ensure that you are using the correct Business On Line passwords
Ensure that the User attempting to make a payment has the required payment authorisation rights
- Business On Line on a Mac. If you are accessing Business On Line on a Mac computer, please read the following Safari on Mac Technical Requirement PDF
How to print off a transaction report?
- Click on the Payments tab in the menu bar
- Click on Payments Centre option from the dropdown
- Find the payment you would like to print off details for and click on the blue eye symbol to the right hand side of the payment
- This will bring you into the payment details. Here you can expand the details you would like to see before you print.
- When the details have been expanded – Click on the print option at the top on the right
- This will download as a PDF and you can print the details off from here.
- What is in the balance shown on the Dashboard?
- How to authorise a payment on the new system?
- How do I authorise a Payee on the system?
- Where do I find my Payees?
- Does the new system still need java on the computer?
- Where do I make bulk payments?
Does Business On Line require a digital certificate?
Yes a digital certificate is required. A Digital Certificate is a unique key that sits on a user’s computer. This is a security feature of Business On Line and is used to ensure that all payment authorisations come from a User who has genuine access to the system.
- Does the ten minute log out time still happen with this new system?
Can I use the new system on Google Chrome?
Google recently announced that they are discontinuing support for the Java plugin. This means that you will not be able to process payments on New BOL via Google Chrome. We strongly recommend that you download IE9+, Mozilla Firefox or Safari today to ensure continuous and uninterrupted use of New Business On Line.