In the Begin Together Awards 2020 there will again be a “Rising Star” category with a prize of €20,000 awarded to the winner. This category will focus on towns which have overcome major challenges and can demonstrate how they have achieved this. Entries must be specifically nominated in this category on the application form. Only towns that have entered the population category are eligible to enter into the Rising Star category. Details of the award are outlined in the application form. Entries will not be accepted from City villages or urban Areas.
The application must include the following:
- Details of the town, with key demographics
- Reason why town should now be considered as Ireland’s Rising Star
- Previous state of town. Give context outlining economic history and detail what its decline looked like and reasons for its decline
- Outline the current state – e.g. what is the town like now. Describe the changes and progress the town has made
- Current and ongoing initiatives and outline of their impact
- Details of actions and approach taken to bring town to present state
- Details of successful partnerships within the town and with supporting organisations, who contributed along the journey
- Details of increased employment/developments/new business in the town and recognition for the town
- Current and ongoing initiatives and their impact
- How the award would be spent to promote or add value to future progress of the town.
A separate judging panel from the main competition will be established. Applications will initially be assessed based solely on the documentation submitted and entries will be shortlisted and visited by the judging panel.
The winner will be announced and presented at the Awards night.