Account features & benefits
- No maintenance and transaction fees for 2 years – our start-up business current account comes with transaction and maintenance fees waived for 24 months1
- Contactless payments – Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Free subscription to BOL – enjoy a free subscription to Business On Line for 2 years
- Phone support line – call 0818 200 413 to find out more about our business start-up account and how to apply
- Apply online – sole traders can apply online. For Limited company, Partnership and all other types of business current accounts you will need to arrange a meeting with one of our business advisors
- ThinkBusiness.ie2 – online support to help your business start, run and grow
- Business Start-up Current Account
Our startup current account helps make everyday banking easy.
- Transaction and maintenance fees waived for 24 months3
- Business Debit Card – all Business Debit Cards are contactless enabled so you can pay for items up to €50. There is no additional charge for replacement of debit cards for Business Startup customers
- 365 online, and mobile banking – bank whenever, wherever you want. With access to 365 online, customers can make online payments of up to €20,000 a day (suitable for those who require single user authorisation to use online banking)
- No overdraft facility fee (€50 a year). This fee is waived for two years4
- A range of business deposit options including instant access to business notice accounts and fixed term deposits
- Finance to help your business grow
We understand that the right investment at the right time will drive every business forward.
So if you think it’s time for your business to borrow why not talk to us about our small business and agri loan?Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your credit facility agreement, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
Leasing and Hire Purchase
Leasing and Hire Purchase are great ways to acquire new and upgraded equipment, plant, vehicles and technology without tying up working capital and using up other forms of credit. Leasing and Hire Purchase can help business startup customers to obtain a flexible repayment schedule to suit cashflow. We will also waive the Leasing or Hire Purchase initial set-up fee on any new agreement.
Leasing allows your business to obtain the use of selected plant, equipment or vehicles over an agreed term in exchange for a fixed rental.
Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. Finance is provided by way of a fixed rate business lease agreement. The credit provider is Bank of Ireland trading as Bank of Ireland Finance.Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your credit facility agreement, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
- Payment schedules can be tailored to match income and cash flow
- In the case of VAT registered customers, the VAT charged on leased rentals may be recoverable.6
- Ways to bank
Online Banking allows you instant access and control to make or receive payments, facilitate transfers between accounts, set-up standing orders and much more.
Compare your options – choose from our two online banking channels to stay in control of your business finances.
365 Phone & Digital Banking
Convenient and easy to bank with. Available to both personal and business customers, sole traders including sole traders with a trading name, agri customers and small limited companies (“one person operation” set up as a Legal entity where there is a sole signatory or individual signing authority).
For further information, please contact your local branch:
- Single user access to online banking
- Need to make low value payments online
- Make bulk payments
Business On Line
Dedicated online banking solution for larger business customers who require enhanced online payments functionality:
- Access for multiple users
- Higher payment limits
- The option for dual payment authorisation
- Make bulk payments
Terms and conditions apply to use of online banking channels as do fees and charges which are covered in our schedule of fees and charges for business customers, available in branch or at bankofireland.com
For more information on our online banking channels, please click here.
BOI Payment Acceptance (BOIPA)
Everyone in business understands the growing importance of being able to accept card payments. Whatever business you’re in, with BOI Payment Acceptance, you can:
- Grow your business by accepting card payments
- Provide an added payment choice for your customers
- Have the facility to enable internet and telephone sales
- Improve cash flow management with next day banking settlement to your account
- Avail of transparent pricing (simple fixed pricing plans and no hidden fees
BOI Payment Acceptance packages start from as little as €45 per month for your point-of-sale terminal inclusive of card spend worth €2,000. As your business grows, you can easily move to a higher payment plan, giving you flexibility and peace of mind.To apply for a BOI Payment Acceptance terminal, simply call in to your local Bank of Ireland branch.BOI Payment Acceptance is a 3rd party payments provider not part of the Bank of Ireland Group. By clicking on the link, you will be brought straight to their website.
Ready Made 2000 Ready Made 4000 Ready Made 8000 €45 per month €60 per month €90 per month Includes €2000 monthly card turnover Includes €4000 monthly card turnover Includes €8000 monthly card turnover
Payment Acceptance is provided by EVO Payments International GmbH trading as BOI Payment Acceptance. Underwriting Criteria, Terms and Conditions apply. EVO Payments International GmbH, trading as BOI Payment Acceptance is licenced by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority BaFin (Bundesanstalt fur Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht) in Germany and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules. EVO Payments International GmbH (trading as BOI Payment Acceptance) is not a member of the Bank of Ireland Group. BOI Payment Acceptance has entered into a marketing alliance with the Bank of Ireland. BOI and the Tree of Life logo are trademarks of The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland and are being used under licence by EVO Payments International GmbH, trading as BOI Payment Acceptance.
- Any transactions over the packaged valued will incur a nominal and transparent cost
- Note: Ready Made Pricing is not available for eCommerce
Business Credit Cards
A Business Credit Card is an essential tool for your business offering you control, simplicity and certainty. For more information, click here.
Protecting you against foreign exchange risk
Our team of experienced professionals, based throughout the country, will work with you to ensure swift and safe execution of your international payments and receipts.. Your payments and transactions can be executed swiftly and securely with our dealing team by phone or through our online foreign exchange platform – FXPAY.
Supporting you to trade overseas
We have a full service Trade Finance team available to support you when you are trading on overseas markets via an extensive range of products and a team of documentary specialists. Our global network of correspondent banking relationships can be especially valuable to your business if you are trading in new markets.
Talk to our Global Markets, today, to learn how we can support you to grow internationally while managing your risks appropriately.Warning: These products can be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.