- Who will receive a Visa Business Debit card?
How does my Debit card work?
Debit cards give you access to your money 24 hours a day and save you carrying cash or counting coins to pay for a transaction.
When you make purchases in shops, on the internet or withdraw cash at ATMs the amount of the transaction will be debited from your current account. Many retailers in Ireland offer cashback up to €100, when you use your Visa Business Debit card to pay for purchases, allowing you to get two transactions for the price of one.
- Where can I use Visa Business Debit?
- What are the benefits of Visa Business Debit?
What additional fees and charges will apply?
Point of Sale and ATM Transactions
In Euro within EU and EEA All other transactions (cross-border handling charges) Visa Debit (ATM) Current account transaction fee applies. 3.5% of transaction value. Minimum €3.17 - Maximum €11.43 per transaction. Visa Debit (Point of Sale) Current account transaction fee applies. 2% of transaction value. Maximum €11.43 per transaction. Visa Debit Contactless (Point of Sale) Fee waived until 23rd February 2015. A transaction fee of 1c will apply thereafter. 2% of transaction value. Maximum €11.43 per transaction.
Government stamp duty will be charged to your account each January. You will be charged for each cash withdrawal made from an ATM/LATM within the Republic of Ireland in the preceding year at a rate of €0.12 per withdrawal capped at a maximum of €2.50 per ATM card or ATM/Debit card where only the ATM function is used, and €5 per ATM/Debit card where both ATM and “Point of Sale” functions are used.
- What is a Debit card?
- How do I activate my card?
- What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
- Can the Visa Card be reactivated once deactivated?
- What happens once I activate my card?
What should I do when I receive my card?
- Sign your new Visa Business Debit card immediately.
- Simply activate your card by using it at a Bank of Ireland ATM.
- Remember, never write down your PIN or keep it with your card.
If you have registered your existing card with a service provider you will need to register your new Visa Business Debit card number with the provider. Please contact the service provider to confirm your new Debit card details.
- How does using Visa Business Debit offer me more protection?
What is Cashback?
With the cashback facility you can pay for your purchases and take up to €100 in cash out from your current account at the same time – giving you two transactions for the price of one.Some retailers do not offer cashback. There are no additional transaction fees for availing of the cashback option.
- What is a Point of Sale (POS) transaction?
- What is Chip and PIN?
- What happens if the retailer does not use Chip and PIN abroad?
1 There are daily limits on the amount that can be withdrawn and they may vary at certain ATMs at home or abroad depending on the ATM provider.