Business Green Hub
We are here to support business customers to transition to net zero and to develop and deploy low carbon technologies, through our core financing and advisory capabilities.
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our age. At Bank of Ireland, we are committed to helping our customers, colleagues and communities as they move to a greener world.
In line with the Irish and UK governments’ ambitions, we support the transition to a resilient, net-zero economy by 2050.
Here are some of the ways we are helping the transition to a greener world.
Businesses are encouraged to invest in a greener future, through sustainable products, services and business models. Here are some of the benefits for businesses becoming more sustainable:
- It’s important to your reputation. Customers want and expect businesses to be more sustainable.
- It can improve your finances. Becoming a more sustainable business can be cost-efficient and can help grow profits.
- Support is available. There are currently many programmes and grants in place to help businesses transition to net-zero.
How to get started
Ireland has a target to reduce carbon emissions (greenhouse gas emissions) by 51%, by 2030; and to achieve a climate neutral economy by 2050, and so there are many supports available to help your business become more sustainable.
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
The SEAI provides training and support to SMEs to help them become more energy-efficient, including:
- Energy Audits – an energy audit is a good starting point for SMEs to find out how much energy the business uses and what is required to reduce energy consumption. Your business may be entitled to a €2,000 voucher towards an energy audit.
- SEAI Energy Academy – this is a free, online, e-learning platform designed to help businesses increase their energy efficiency and reduce their energy related costs.
- Grants – a number of grants are available to SMEs aiming to improve energy efficiency.
Check out Energy Efficiency Training for SMEs for more information.
Citizens information provides an excellent one-stop shop of information for SMEs ranging from financial supports available to SMEs to training and mentoring services.
Check out Supports for businesses going green for more information.
Climate Toolkit 4 Business
The Climate Toolkit 4 Business is an online government resource to help your business take climate action. Businesses can create a tailored climate action plan by following some simple steps. It will provide you with practical and cost-effective actions to benefit your business. Click here for more information.