How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this service simply complete the application form relevant to your business type below and return it to your branch.
Please ensure to read our Customer Handbook, conditions of Use and Fees and Charges for Business On Line.
- Application Forms
If your business is not a sole trader, partnership or limited company please complete the referral form below and our electronic banking team will forward you the relevant application forms for your business.
To find out more about Business On Line contact:
- Business On Line Training
Business On Line Training PortalThe Training Portal consists of training lessons and videos, incorporating a “show me, try me” concept. The Training Portal will take you through the initial set up and functionality of Business On Line.
For everything you need to get started on Business On Line, please visit our First Time User Page.
Webinar Training (Business On Line Level 3, Corporate or International Customers)
The Business On Line training department train level 3 customers via virtual web conferencing sessions available anywhere around the world. This web based training tool allows remote customer training of Business On Line through desktop sharing using a web browser with phone and video conferencing.
About Business On Line
Business On Line is our dedicated online banking service for business customers.
Business On Line gives you a flexible, secure and cost efficient way to:
- View balances on accounts and credit cards
- Transfer funds between accounts and accept payments
- Make several payments at once, e.g. salary or creditor payments
- Make forward-dated and international payments
- Stop cheques and print statements
- Export and import data to and from your accounting systems
Payment cut-off times
This extension, which applies to customers in the Republic Of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain, provides you with more time to submit payments.
The chart below shows the payment types that are included:
ROI Customers INTERNATIONAL EXCLUDING SEPA PAYMENTS Payment Cycle Currency Old Cut-Off Time New Cut-Off Time Improvement Same Day GBP 12:00 then 13:30
10:30 then 13:30
Same Day EUR 12:00
Same Day USD 13:30 14:30 1 hour International Account Transfer* 15:00 16:00 1 hourThese are Bank of Ireland Cut Off times only; Bank of Ireland does not have any oversight or control over Beneficiary Bank cut off times UK Customers DOMESTIC PAYMENTS Payment Cycle Currency Old Cut-Off Time New Cut-Off Time Improvement Same Day CHAPS GBP (Urgent Sterling to UK banks) 15:00 16:00 1 hour INTERNATIONAL SAME DAY Payment Cycle Currency Old Cut-Off Time New Cut-Off Time Improvement Same Day GBP
GBP to ROI
12:00 then 15:00
10:30 then 15:00
Same Day EUR 12:00 14:00 2 hours Same Day USD 12:00 14:00 2 hour Cross Border Account Transfer** 15:00 16:00 1 hourThese are Bank of Ireland Cut Off times only; Bank of Ireland does not have any oversight or control over Beneficiary Bank cut off times
You can download the updated payment cut-off times here:
For a complete overview of the 2017 Bank Holidays (non-processing/payment days for Business On Line payments), please see document below:
As part of the ‘Business On Line Journey’, Bank of Ireland continues to invest in its Business Digital channels to enhance customer experience and realise our ambition of being ‘Easy to do business with’.* An international account transfer is a payment between accounts registered on a single Business On Line profile where either the debit and/or credit account is a foreign currency account held in Bank of Ireland Global Markets within the ROI jurisdiction.
** A cross border account transfer is a payment between accounts registered on a single Business On Line profile where either the debit and/or credit account is a foreign currency account held in Bank of Ireland UK Global Markets within the GB or NI jurisdiction.
First Time User
Whether you are a brand new customer to Business On Line or an existing customer who is about to start moving to the updated Business On Line system, select the relevant section for you from the options below for some important information before you start.
- If you are a new customer to Business On Line
Your Set-up Checklist
- I have my Administrator ID and 2 passwords. The Business On Line Helpdesk will provide these if you need them.
- I have decided which browser and operating system I want to use (Business On Line works on Internet Explorer 9,10,11, Safari and Firefox, and you can access it from Windows XP, Windows 7 and 8 and Apple Mac OSX).
- I understand the difference between an Administrator and a User.
Preparation Essentials Before Your First Logon as an Administrator
- You’ll need approximately 30 minutes to complete the set-up process.
- You’ll need to decide how many Users and User Groups you want to set up on Business On Line. We recommend an individual User for each person who will be accessing Business On Line. Consider which privileges will be given to each User Group, for example some may make payments and some view only. You’ll also need to decide which accounts these privileges apply to.
- Decide on the Authorisation Limits for your company and the payment authorisation levels for the different Users. For instance, you might choose one User with authorisation for payments under €100 and two Users with authorisation for payments over €100.
- Now you’re ready to log on as Administrator.
Your First Logon as an Administrator
- When you logon for the very first time, you will need to log on as Administrator. The “Training Wizard” will take you through the initial set up process, including creating users and user groups, assigning payment panels and registering EFT/ BACS files. The wizard is available to use at any stage by clicking on the link in the Quick Actions section of the Administrator Dashboard.
- Once you have set up, you will then need to exit and log on as User.
- Remember that you will not be able to view accounts or make payments until you have logged on and set up as a User.
- Remember to allocate the required number of users for your company. Bank of Ireland recommends that you never share User IDs and Log-on passwords. Each user in your company should have their own user name and log on details.
Your First Logon as a User
- Make sure you can view all the correct/relevant accounts you expect to see. If not, your Administrator can make amendments for you.
- If you will be making payments, you need to “Order A Digital Certificate”.
- The Business On Line Administrator(s) will then input their passwords during your “Request Cert” process, at your computer.
- As a test, you can create a 1 cent payment, either as an account transfer or 3rd party payment.
Your “Good To Go” Checklist
- I have logged on and created my Business On Line Users.
- I have successfully updated a Digital Certificate and have made an online payment.
- I have located the Frequently Asked Questions and additional support guides on Business On Line Help and Support.
If you would like further help with any of the above, please contact our dedicated Business On Line Helpdesk for support.
- Starts the set up process, sets up new Users, authorisation limits and access levels.
- Is only needed again if a User needs to reset a password or to create or amend Users and User Groups.
- Contacts the Helpdesk to reset Administrator passwords.
- Cannot view accounts or make payments.
- Is a day-to-day user of Business On Line.
- Has a single password which can be reset by the Administrator if lost/forgotten.
- Can view accounts and make payments (if the Administrator has granted these privileges).
- If you are an existing Business On Line customer
The Training Portal is an interactive user training area and will take you through the functionality of Business On Line. You can access the Training Portal on the Learning Centre here.
If you are an existing user of Business On Line and are starting to use the new screens for the first time, please ensure that you have first completed the following steps:
Upgrade Java (Remove old versions and download latest version)
First remove all older versions of Java from your computer. To do this, follow the instructions below.
For Windows computers:
- Go to Start
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Add/Remove Programmes (a list of all programmes will appear)
- Scroll down to J.
For Apple Mac computers:
Note: to uninstall Java, you must have Administrator privileges
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on the sidebar
- In the Search box, enter JavaAppletPlugin.plugin. This will find the JavaAppletPlugin.plugin file.
- Select on JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
- Drag To Trash
Next, download the latest version of Java. You can do this by visiting www.java.com and click on Free Java Download.
Note: do not close out of the window until a message has appeared advising that Java has successfully installed. You should then restart your chosen browser.
Choose A Browser
Download the browser you want to use, such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 9+
CUA (Administrator) Preparation
If you are a CUA (Administrator), you will need to accept any changes made to Users, User Groups, or Payment Authorisation levels in current Business On Line, which have not yet been accepted in the Audit Log. Any changes not accepted in your current Business On Line system will not transfer to the new system.
Read Security Guidelines
- Application Forms