Using Business On Line for the first time
Before you can use Business On Line the person (or two persons) nominated as an Administrator will need to complete set-up and create Users. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
Getting set up
To use Business On Line for the first time, the person(s) nominated as an Administrator will need the following items to get set up.
- Your Administrator Username contained in the welcome email we sent to you after processing your application. How to Apply
- x2 Administrator temporary passwords which we sent in the post. Please contact the Business On Line Helpdesk if you don’t have these yet.
- The Approve app downloaded to your smart device.
- A compatible internet browser and computer operating system to access Business On Line. Visit our technical specifications page to find out more.
Once you have everything in the checklist, follow the steps below to access your profile:
Visit businessonline-boi.com and use your Username and temporary passwords to sign in
If you have two Administrators the second temporary password will be sent to them
Complete setup and activation of the Approve App
The Bank of Ireland Approve App is linked to each Administrator’s Username
You’re all set – log in using your Username and Approve App
If you have two Administrators, they’ll both need to input their password from Approve
Once Administrator setup is complete, you will need to decide how many Users you wish access your Business On Line profile.
- Users can access Business On Line day-to-day and by assigning them to a User Group, Administrators can determine what accounts they can view and whether they can make payments from them.
- Administrators can also decide on the authorisation limits for the company and the payment limit for each User. For example you may choose one User to authorise payments under €100 and require two Users to authorise payments over €100.
- Each User in your business should be set up with their own Business On Line login details. Follow the steps below to set up a User
Administrator logs in to Business On Line
Using your username and Approve app
Use the Business On Line Setup Wizard
The Setup Wizard is one of the ‘Quick Actions’ available at the bottom left of the Administrator Dashboard.
Initiate setup of the Approve app for each user
This is to enable the Users you have created to log in to Business On Line.
User set-up complete
Users can log in using their Username and Approve app.
For more information you can access our Business On Line Training Portal here
Remember: Bank of Ireland recommends that you never share User IDs, passwords or PINs.