Self – Declaration
To be eligible, SME’s must satisfy one of the following conditions by completing the self- declaration included in the SBCI application form:
1.Is applying environmental and climate friendly production methods:
- Is participating in an agri-environmental scheme as part of Ireland’s Rural Development Programme (i.e. current or previous GLAS, BDGP, AEOS, REPS, Organic Farming Schemes or a locally-led EU agri-environmental scheme)
2. Is implementing quality schemes or projects aiming at promoting quality and value added:
- Is a certified member of a Bord Bia Quality Assurance Scheme; or
- Is a certified member of a Quality Assurance Scheme run by a co-operative, processor or producer representative body.
3. Is implementing co-operation projects:
- Is a member of a DAFM-registered Farm Partnership.
4. Is training in financial instruments and risk management tools:
- Has successfully completed or is participating in the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM’s) Knowledge Transfer Programme or previous programmes such as Beef Technology Adoption Programme (BTAP) and Sheep Technology Programme (STAP) (and specifically, the financial management elements of those programmes); or
- Has participated in financial training given by Teagasc (or other body) (including the Cash Flow module included in recent farm walks), and can produce a certificate or other proof to this effect.