- Turn it on by pressing the red button. New devices will display NEW PIN.
- Enter the 5 digit number (you created on your own, this should be unique to you)
- Press the green Enter button.
- Re-enter your new PIN to confirm. Your Digipass will now be active with your new 5 digit PIN.
Note: The following rules apply to changing a PIN:
- The PIN cannot be the same as the current one.
- The difference between the digits cannot be constant e.g. 12345, 11111, 13579, 97531.
- The device will perform a validation on the PIN entered and ensure an insecure PIN is not entered.
- Bank of Ireland will never know, or store, your PIN.
Please note: It is important to remember this PIN and also keep it confidential to you. If you forget your PIN, you will need to order a new device or activate your spare Digipass.