Our Business Credit Appeals process enables you to appeal a Bank decision in the circumstances outlined below:
- You have submitted in writing a formal business credit application which was declined
- Your business credit application was approved but for a lower amount or a shorter term than requested, or with special terms or conditions that you feel are unacceptable
- You have submitted a formal request for an Alternative Arrangement which was declined
- Your appeal relates to an Alternative Arrangement which was approved with special terms or conditions that you feel are unacceptable
- Your appeal relates to the withdrawal or reduction of a credit facility
- Your appeal relates to financial difficulties and you have been classified as ‘not co-operating’ by the Bank as set out in the SME Regulations
Appeals must be submitted within 21 working days from the date of notification of the decision.
To appeal a Bank of Ireland business credit decision, please complete the Business Credit Appeal Form which is available below.
The appeal must be submitted to the Bank in writing within 21 working days of the decision issued by the Bank.
The appeal will be reviewed by two independent reviewers who will consider the appeal in full.
We will respond to customers within 15 working days (unless otherwise advised) of receipt of the appeal together with any supporting information requested from you to support the appeal.
If you have exhausted the internal appeals process in the Bank, you may be eligible to avail of the appeals process provided by the Credit Review Office. Information about the role of the Credit Review Office and the eligibility criteria for review can be found on their website at www.creditreview.ie.
In accordance with our obligations under the Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (Section 48) (Lending to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises) Regulations 2015 (“the “SME Regulations”), we have an Information Booklet on Lending to Small and Medium Enterprises (“Information Booklet”). This Information Booklet is available below and complies with the requirements of the SME Regulations.
A copy of the SME Regulations is available on the website www.centralbank.ie
. A printed copy is available on request through your Relationship Manager or from any of our branches.